Sunday

Prayers By Candlelight

Lord Jesus,

Thank you for the blessings of this day.  I praise you for all that you provide for us and I praise you when you allow us to go without.  What a blessings it’s been to rely fully on you this week Lord.  I’ve never been more challenged and I’ve never been more thankful than now.  There were times during this past week where I wanted to give up but I’m thankful for the will to persevere.  Lord I am amazed at how rich I am compared to most of the world and I confess that most of my life I’ve taken that for granted.  Forgive me for not being a good steward in the past and teach me to be more mindful in the future.  Lord, I’ll never be entirely sure why there’s such a huge difference between the way the rich and the poor view life, other than the fact that you’ve always taught the greatest lessons using the ‘least of these’ as the greatest in the kingdom.  I’ll never fully understand the necessity of the pain and suffering that accompanies poverty other than the idea that in their weakness is where they find your strength.  I know nothing about this is fair, but I know you are just.  It breaks my heart that tomorrow I will be allowed at the table with plenty to eat while others in this community continue to go without.  Lord teach me to be a blessings to them, since you have chosen to bless me abundantly.  Lord I lift up to you all those who did not get invited to dinner tonight, all those who will go to bed hungry.  Lord sustain their hearts, souls, minds, and bellies.  Help them to set their minds on things above instead of earthly things and provide for their every need.  I lift up this prayer to you Lord and I thank you for the new meaning it has in my heart. 

Our Father, which art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. 
Thy
will be done in earth, 
As it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive them that trespass against us. 
And lead us not into temptation, 
But deliver us from evil. 
For Yours is the kingdom,
The power, and the glory,
For ever and ever.
Amen.

Lord Jesus, I am forever changed, and to you I give ALL the glory.
In the precious wonderful name of Jesus I pray, Amen.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Precious Father, 

As I sit her on the last evening of this Challenge, I praise you for your faithfulness. Lord, thank  you for carrying me through this week - I know that I couldn't have done it alone. I have never felt you closer and I thank you for hearing my cries. Thank you for teaching me this week that I don't need 'things; to be rich...I only need you. You are all that I need and all that I want. Rich or poor, you are God. Rich or poor, you're mercy endures. Rich or poor, you love me the same. You are ALL that I need. Father, I think you for giving me this glimpse into poverty. I thank you for my greater understanding of life in another's place. You are the God of all and no matter my situation I WILL praise you! I pray that you will use this week to bring Glory to your name! 

Thank you for your mercy and grace. 

It's in the precious name of Jesus that I pray, 

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment